Sunday, October 4, 2009

1953 German Mauser

This was recently emailed to me.
One of our new followers needs our help with this firearm.
Read his request .... If anyone has can help this guy out, please post your answer here under 'comments.'
















































I just came across your blog while attempting to gather information on a Mauser I inherited from my dad.
He purchased this rifle while stationed in Germany back around 1953 - 55. After purchase, he then sent it to an Austrian gunsmith who installed the permanent scope mounts. It appears that they are not standard but extremely ornate and engraved.
The scope itself says Ziel 4x81
I contacted FN in Belgium and provided them with the serial numbers on the rifle with the hope they could provide me with more information on it but unfortunately all they could tell me about the rifle was that it was manufactured in 1953.
If you could provide any information you may have on it or any other internet sites which could help me II would greatly appreciate it. I've attached some photos I took of the receiver top and the scope mount but unfortunately they aren't very good quality. Feel free to use them if you wish.
Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,
Don

0 comments:

 

judul