Friday, November 20, 2009

About Submitting Pictures of Guns, Weapons, etc ...

This is Urgent and Important:
I need everyones cooperation of submitting pictures for posting.

Today I received two email complaints about the Chiappa Rhino Revolver Handgun posting of November 18, 2009 based on the fact one was apparently the property of another poster, I have immediately removed this one picture and some corresponding write-up, and replaced it with two pictures from the manufacturers website with write-up.

At the moment all gun pictures, videos, and video links are emailed to me for posting to this Blog, Daily Gun Pictures. I appreciate all the support I get and want everyone to continue their submittals, but be respective of others.

I do not have the time to run around the Internet looking for people who may own something you have submitted to me for posting. If the gun or weapon is from a firearms manufacturer, so state it. If the picture has an imprint (website address or name) leave it there, give the people credit for their work, but they may want it removed. If they request something that belongs to them I will remove it; only if I receive an email with said proof.
If this is your weapon or a friend or relatives weapon, then it is yours, and you have every right to have me post it. Most of the pictures I get are from private collectors.
I will not remove a picture that someone has copied from another post such as the firearm manufacturer, the U.S. Patent Office, etc. just because that person posted first.
It's my understanding, and I am not a lawyer, that only the GUN Manufacturer owns the rights to the pictures on their site (both past and present). I doubt they would object to any postings on The Daily Gun Blog since it's good advertising.
As for giving credit, I have repeatedly posted on my free blog site that most people don't want credit, for a variety of reasons, I am referring to those who email me pictures, etc. Those who have requested credit, and there are a few, I have given full credit to them. My posts reflect this.

Videos usually contain embedded names or website addresses so the credit is all ready there, i.e. YouTube, LiveLeak, etc.

It also should be noted that I get pictures, videos, and video links from all over the world.
I do not keep any emails I receive including those that I respond to.
In the name of commonsense one should believe just because something that appears elsewhere doesn't mean they didn't copy and paste it from say the manufacturer or distributors websites. I would have no way of knowing either way, where it came from.

The only way to protect anything in today's cyber age is never post it to the Internet. I was recently told that a picture posted online is copied numerous times within 24-hours of posting. I cannot verify this but it makes sense. In fact I received an email about six months ago from a person who submitted his own personal weapon for me to post that appeared elsewhere in a forum discussion board, he knew because he could read the serial number.

Again I want to emphasize I will be most happy to give anyone full credit for any submittal, just indicate that in your email and I will comply.

Everyone, have a nice day and great weekend.
For the record – this Blog is for information and entertainment purposes only. It is not here to offend anyone. I reserve the absolute right to remove any picture, video, video link, or comment.

Regards,
The Daily Gun Pictures
Former U.S. Marine, Disable American Vet

0 comments:

 

judul